Want a few easy to make Spanish tapas for your next meal or party? Try some of our favorites!
Bravas are a staple in Spain, from elegant restaurants to your local village bar. They are simple and easy to make and a great starter to whet the appetite.
This recipe takes approximately 30 minutes and serves 4.
You will need:
• 3 tablespoons of olive oil (extra virgin not necessary)
• 4 large potatoes, peeled, and cut to 1-inch cubes (we recommend russets but whatever you prefer will still work)
• 2 tablespoons minced Vidalia onion
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 ½ tablespoons of hot paprika
• ¼ teaspoon Tabasco Sauce (or to taste)
• ½ cup Ketchup
• ½ cup mayonnaise
Heat 3 tbsps. of oil in a pan over medium heat. Slowly add in the onion, then the garlic, and fry until the onion is translucent. Then, turn off the burner and stir in the paprika and Tobasco. Put the fried mixture in a bowl and stir in the ketchup and mayo. Salt and pepper to taste.
Salt the potatoes lightly and fry in a pan with 1 cup of oil. You want them to be cooked through and slightly browned on the outside. Remember to stir them from time to time. Then, drain them and set them aside on a towel or draining rack.
When this is done, put the potatoes on a plate and drizzle the sauce on top while everything is still warm. Serve immediately.